Friday, April 29, 2011

Home Made Baby Wipes

In my quest to go 'green' and 'non-toxic' when my first child came along, I put her in cloth diapers. I also made my own home made baby wipes. I plan to do the same with our second child. I found a great recipe that I thought I'd share with you. It's pretty easy and rather inexpensive. Surely this will be a cost savings in the long run and I'll be sure to know I'm not rubbing chemicals on my baby's bum.

Ingredients:
2 Tbsp Baby Wash (Natural / organic baby wash)
2 Tbsp Olive Oil (I have also used Grape Seed Oil)
2 Drops Tea Tree Oil
2 Cups Water

Mix well in spray bottle.  When you are ready to wipe the bum, spritz homemade solution on the cloth wipe and spread around on the cloth wipe.  Clean your baby's bum and toss the wipe in the diaper pail with the dirty cloth diaper.  You can also pre-make wipes with this solution and keep them ready in a container or in a wipes warmer container.  Just make a days worth at a time to avoid the wipes drying out or getting a musky smell.



Why Tea Tree Oil:
Tea Tree Oil has great disinfectant properties and will also give this solution a nice aroma.

No comments:

Post a Comment