Effective September 17th 2012, momstown programming and interactive program pillars will no longer be in effect. All past membership dues were collected and earned locally, therefore, to obtain a pro-rated refund for your membership, please contact the previous owner directly.
momstown.ca has been open for the last 5 years and our goal has always been, and continues to be, to connect neighbourhood moms. This objective is true to our values and makes this situation with momstown Winnipeg extremely hard as we know how important the relationships are that you have made with other momstown moms.
Our team at momstown HQ and momstown licensees from other chapters in Canada have been brainstorming together on how to help you, the moms of momstown Winnipeg, stay connected during the closure. We’ve decided that from September 17th onwards, the chapter will be “dormant” until a new owner is found and re-opens the business.
- The website will remain live for current members to use and chat on the message board
- The calendar will be culled of all momstown programs (ie: Jr Chef, Art & Play etc) but if you were hosting an event and still wish to do so, you are more than welcome to let us know and we can post it on the calendar
- Memberships will halt. New people who register for momstownunfortunately, will not be activated and will be informed the chapter is dormant until future announcements.
- Your current active membership will allow you into the momstown Winnipeg site, if your expiry is pending, please contact us and we will extend it until a formal sale of the business is made.
- Once there is a new owner announced and a date set to re-open momstown Winnipeg, you will be sent an email immediately with all the exciting details. We hope to have a new owner before the end of 2012.
- Once the re-opening date arrives, your existing time on your membership will be voided (since your old pro-rated membership should be paid out) a new membership will need to be paid to the new owner for the future programming.
- The momstown Winnipeg Facebook Fan Page and this blog will remain live with limited updates posted. The monthly newsletter will stop, but you will still get the national newsletter.
- Owners from momstown Edmonton and Team Leaders for momstown West, Janine & Kristin, are your current ‘go-to’ for any questions, contacts or help. They will check in on the message board regularly. They are not the new owners of momstown Winnipeg but will lead the sale process and eventual training of a new owner.
- If you are keen to get involved to volunteer or help out during this transition, please contact us.
- If you or someone you know, is interested in joining momstown business family, you can contact us either via Janine or Kristin or you read more about the licensing program here.