Saturday, May 7, 2011

A Mother's Love

Mother's Day is tomorrow. Today I am reflecting on what a wonderful, strong and caring mother I have. She has always been there for me, supporting me in all my decisions, and guiding me in the right direction. I stumbled upon this poem that reminded me of my mother and thought I'd share with you. I'm sure many of you can relate to this poem. Now that I'm a mother too, I now 'get' just how special we daughter's must mean to our mothers. 

A Mother's Love
There are times when only a Mother's love
Can understand our tears,
Can soothe our disappoints
And calm all of our fears.
There are times when only a Mother's love
Can share the joy we feel
When something we've dreamed about
Quite suddenly is real.
There are times when only a Mother's faith
Can help us on life's way
And inspire in us the confidence
We need from day to day.
For a Mother's heart and a Mother's faith
And a Mother's steadfast love
Were fashioned by the Angels
And sent from God above.
Author Unknown 


My mom with me, my sisters, my nieces and nephew.

My mom playing with her granddaughters.
 
Proud Grandma with her latest grandchild, my son Benjamin.

What does your mom mean to you? Feel free to share with us! Or share with us your favourite poem!

Happy Mother's Day to you and your mothers!

No comments:

Post a Comment