Thursday, May 5, 2011

What Do You Really Want For Mother's Day?

Mother's Day is coming soon. My husband mentioned to me today that he had to go to the mall with my daughter some time tomorrow to run an 'errand'. Yes, he remembered! But does he know what I really want for Mother's Day. What I really want is not in the mall.

You can't buy what most mom's really want. Don't get me wrong. We'll be happy with a bought gift. We'll be even happier with a made gift. What's more thoughtful then a gift made with love! Check out momstown's Art's and Craft's blog for some ideas. You may want to casually leave the 10 Homemade Mother's Day Gift's blog page open on the computer for daddy to see!

Egg Carton Flower

I do want to spend Mother's Day with my children. But I also would love to have some 'alone' time. When you are a stay-at-home mom with a newborn, personal space is non-existent. A break for me is having someone watch the kids while I clean the bedroom or get groceries. Oh 'alone' time. How I miss you some times. It's not uncommon for my daughter, the baby and my dog to climb on my lap at the same time. Although I love the feeling of being so loved and wanted, I do miss being alone sometimes. And there is actually one gift that would be on the top of my list this year. Sleep! I have a 3 week old baby at home, so sleep is a luxury now a days. I know that this isn't very possible with the hungry baby boy I have at home. But even 4 hours! How I'd love a good 4 hour stretch! Here's to hoping my baby boy gives me the greatest gift of all this year!

So mama's, what is on the top of your wish list this year? Perfume, flowers, brunch, being alone, being together, home made gifts? What will make your Mother's Day perfect?

2 comments:

  1. I can make part of your Mothers Day wish come true...Auntie Court wants to take Bella out on a date next week!! I need my Bella time before I leave and you can have some time where all you have to do is nurse the baby (sorry, not much I can do to help you there...haha). This Sunday I will not only celebrate my own Mom, but also you and Les and all the other Moms I know, that I am learning so much from. You're amazing!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awww thanks Courtney. That means so much to me. I hope you enjoyed a wonderful mother's day with your mom, who by the way, rocks! She truly is an amazing mom who I look up to.

    ReplyDelete